What are cookies?
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|WhosOn Livechat||whoson||Used with the Whoson service to help us provide on-line chat services to the visitors of our website.||See WhosOn privacy page.|
|Demandware Analytics||Used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.|
|Google Analytics||_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz||Used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|Google Tag Manager||Manages tags on the website which send information to third parties used for marketing, analytics and testing.|
|Google Plus One Cookies||BEAT, ULS, NID, PREF||These third party Google cookies are all typically written to the browser upon the loading of Google Plus One social media buttons.|
|Another Google Cookies||SID, APISID, HSID, SAPISID, SSID, NID, PREF, ULS||These third party Google cookies are all typically written to the browser upon the loading of Google Maps, Street View and YouTube videos.|
|Facebook Cookies||Lu, datr||Third party cookies used by Facebook in managing the Facebook content display on this site such as Like, Suggest, and Recommend buttons.||See Facebook Privacy|
|ScreenW Cookie||screenW||Records the size of your browser window to determine if you are using a mobile device. If you are then the website will deliver content, like images, optimised for mobile devices to provide a better user experience.|
|AppNexus||Third party cookies used by our affiliate, VE Interactive, for advertising purposes|
|MyFonts Counter||This is a script tracking how many views each webfont on our site receives.|
|Frontend||frontend||Used by the website to save session ID on the server.|
|External_no_cache||external_no_cache||A flag used by the website which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
- To enable Hi-Tec Europe Limited to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Hi-Tec Europe Limited meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
What information are collected?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Hi-Tec Europe Limited, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Hi-Tec Europe Limited and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website. Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes.
How can I control what cookies are set?
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options” and click on the “privacy” tab under "settings". In Internet Explorer 11, you should then select "Advanced". Edit these settings accordingly for your preferences.
- For Firefox: Choose the menu “Options”, then select “privacy”. Select the relevant options for your cookie preferences under the History section.
- For Google Chrome: Click the Menu/Tools icon (3 dots) on the toolbar and choose "Settings". Click "Show Advanced Settings" and choose "Content Settings" under the Privacy section. In the "Cookies" section, edit these settings according to your preferences.
- For Safari: Click "Preferences" then "Privacy". Edit these settings accordingly for your preferences.
What happens if I disable cookies?